Chargebacks/Disputes

Alexander

May 29, 2020
Most banks world-wide offer some form of chargeback scheme which protects people's purchases. A customer may need to dispute a transaction for a number of reasons, including, fraud, goods or services not received or not as described and there are many more possible causes too. Does your bank offer such a service? Have you ever been left with no option but to raise one? Tell us why and whether you got your hard-earned money back?

Reactions: catgirl

catgirl

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2020
United States
envyforums.net
Most banks world-wide offer some form of chargeback scheme which protects people's purchases. A customer may need to dispute a transaction for a number of reasons, including, fraud, goods or services not received or not as described and there are many more possible causes too. Does your bank offer such a service? Have you ever been left with no option but to raise one? Tell us why and whether you got your hard-earned money back?
My credit union takes a month to investigate fraud and generally requires a police report so its very difficult to charge back with them. However my credit cards at CapitalOne and Discover both have easy chargebacks just create a dispute in the app and provide supporting details, they'll make the charges go Thanos Snap! If you want purchase protection you should always pay by credit card as banks suck and aren't good at consumer issues.

Ash

May 31, 2020
Never had to rely on chargebacks or disputes to get something sorted. But there was a brief period where I was selling gaming gift cards on eBay and almost got scammed thanks to someone trying to chargeback on PayPal.

• Wow
Reactions: catgirl