Do you have a credit card?

catgirl

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2020
United States
envyforums.net
As the title asks, do you have a credit card? If so what do you use it to pay for? Would you say you have a high or low limit? Do you think you are a responsible credit user? I personally have the Discover Credit Card they gave me a $1,500 limit with good payment history in about eight months, the cashback rewards are pretty great. I use it to cover my day to day expenses and then pay back as much in full as possible at the end of the month. As a perk I can use the cashback to pay off part of my monthly statement, it's practically free money.

Ash

May 31, 2020
I have a Capital One Credit Card and I got it to improve my credit score (as I didn't really have a good one because I didn't have any history).
I buy something every month with it and then pay it off within a month so that it improves my credit score.

Reactions: catgirl

catgirl

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2020
United States
envyforums.net
I have a Capital One Credit Card and I got it to improve my credit score (as I didn't really have a good one because I didn't have any history).
I buy something every month with it and then pay it off within a month so that it improves my credit score.
CapitalOne has nice offerings as well. I dislike that their credit building cards do not offer cash back. Discover has lower fees and interest rates which pushes me to like them more 😁

Ash

May 31, 2020
Yeah. Cashback would have been lovely but I guess not. I'm just glad that they gave me one and it was nice knowing that they were going to approve me before I actually did the proper application. Hoping to get a better credit card after a while

Reactions: catgirl

catgirl

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2020
United States
envyforums.net
Yeah. Cashback would have been lovely but I guess not. I'm just glad that they gave me one and it was nice knowing that they were going to approve me before I actually did the proper application. Hoping to get a better credit card after a while
Just make perfect and above-minimum payments every month, check an eye on your credit score with https://www.creditkarma.com/ or something. Once you're about 700+ you'll have loads of good cards available to you.

Reactions: Ash

Ash

May 31, 2020
Yeah, I always pay it off right away every month. I only buy things I have the money for right now so the credit card is literally just for helping with the credit score more than me actually needing it. I use ClearScore right now to check up on my score.

untuned

Outrun-istrator
Staff member
Administrator
Retrowave
Jun 2, 2020
New York
untnd.me
$500 limit and i only use it for big money purchases, such as a new windshield for my car, or chips from the store

Alexander

May 29, 2020
Yes, I have one. My limit is currently £500.00 and I use my credit card for everyday spending to help build my credit score and history. I always pay my balance of in full by the end of the month to avoid any interest being accumulated.