Flarum

Nova

May 29, 2020
I am sure many of you have heard of Discourse and maybe even used it. But the solution is based on Rails which is a ruby framework. And also the install of the Discourse takes a lot of time unless you know how to use SSH etc for setup. And I came across flarum while looking out for the PHP based solution that works and acts like discourse.

Have you used Flarum? Do you find it attractive and easy to use?

screenshot.png

Jinder

May 28, 2020
I never liked it 🤣. But have used it on my community for some time but it wasn't appealing.

Jason

May 30, 2020
India
webtalkzone.com
I am part of 2 forums which use Flarum. I slowly starting to like it. It is super cool to use, fluid and gives a different approach to forum. One thing which irritates me is the scrolling to bottom of the post.

catgirl

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2020
United States
envyforums.net
I know the developers behind Flarum as they used to develop forum software called FluxBB. I like how Flarum brings responsive forum software from Ruby to PHP. Setting up Ruby on Rails Applications in production is a lot of work and Flarum provides an alternative to people who don't want to put in the extra work. I also like that it's free and doesn't charge a license fee to use it. Software like XenForo is expensive to get started with and many small forum owners just can't afford the investment yet.

Sir Twisted

May 30, 2020
I personally have never used it, nor do I know much about the software. I will say though it does look somewhat appealing to me.

Reactions: catgirl

Nova

May 29, 2020
I remember seeing the posts of the fluxbb developers on the flarum. I recently realized that one of the flarum and the fluxbb developers have resigned and they have now moved to the paid services. I think soon we will see similar to Vanilla forum like hosted service from that developer.

Ash

May 31, 2020
I love how it looks and it seems like good software to enter the forum industry. But I have no idea how to use it or even install it as a webmaster so I have always avoided it and never properly considered using it.