Menthol Cigarettes - Ban in the UK

Alexander

May 29, 2020
From last month, the UK government made it illegal for shops to sell menthol and capsule cigarettes. If you live in England and you smoke, how has this ban affected yourself? What do you think of the alternative options?

catgirl

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2020
United States
envyforums.net
I don’t live in the UK although banning something with immediate affect is a bad idea. It just forms a black market for the products. Additionally people could suffer withdrawal symptoms and become very sick in the middle of a global pandemic. These bans need better timing as a start 😶😶😶

Alexander

May 29, 2020
I don’t live in the UK although banning something with immediate affect is a bad idea. It just forms a black market for the products. Additionally people could suffer withdrawal symptoms and become very sick in the middle of a global pandemic. These bans need better timing as a start 😶😶😶
I agree with you. Our government banned them as part of an initiative to defer young people from starting to smoke. Retailers are now allowed to sell alternative products but they are nothing like the originals.