Microsoft Office or Google Spreadsheet

Nova

May 29, 2020
I used to be pretty much active Microsoft Office and these days I mostly use the Cloud version of the Spreadsheet now a days. I switched to the spreadsheet, from google. And it is one good option and best part it is free. It's not like Office is not free. You can use the office for free on the outlook.com account. So it's not that bad, both options are good.

However, which one of the options do you prefer?

Ash

May 31, 2020
I have access to Microsoft 365 thanks to my university so that's what I use. I have tried Google Docs and the other products offered by Google and I just couldn't get used to it. It just feels slightly weird but I can't quite put my finger on why. As long as I have access to Microsoft Office, I will continue to use it.

Lord Saru

May 30, 2020
I have a brand new Microsoft Windows 10 laptop that comes with a genuine office suite also.

I have never bothered to use the spread sheet unless I am working on data collection through spreadsheet. I used it once for my research thesis but that was it.

I think Google sheets are good, but Microsoft is vintage and makes me comfortable.

Last edited:

catgirl

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2020
United States
envyforums.net
I like Microsoft Office as it works without an internet connection and has offline storage options. You're not forced to give Microsoft or Google Cloud access to all of your personal documents. Many people don't trust the security of cloud providers just yet and want an alternative where they pay for a license and can use the software privately.

Nova

May 29, 2020
For me Microsoft Office is perfect. And the amount of features that it offers on the web makes that software worth using. Also the Google spreadsheet is not that powerful like the Windows office. I think soon in near future Microsofto will get aggressive with the pricing too. I am sure as of now they have yet to find the right spot.

RedmondG

Jun 1, 2020
Nam
gvforums.net
I like Microsoft Office as it works without an internet connection and has offline storage options. You're not forced to give Microsoft or Google Cloud access to all of your personal documents. Many people don't trust the security of cloud providers just yet and want an alternative where they pay for a license and can use the software privately.
I feel the exact same way as this. Another plus, is that i'm so used to it now I don't ever feel the need to change.

Nova

May 29, 2020
I think the free plans from the Google Spreadsheet and WPS office is what makes people switch. But to be honest Microsoft Office has been offering the free version and everything seems to be good enough for me. So I too don't see existing people should be migrating to another platform.

Alexander

May 29, 2020
Microsoft office all the way for me. It's easier to access files and there are a wider-range of tools in contrast to the free cloud alternative. Office also works without an internet connection and you can choose to store documents offline on your hard drive instead.