PPE During COVID-19

Alexander

May 29, 2020
What personal protective equipment have you been using throughout the pandemic? Do you wear masks in public? Why or why not? I have been regularly washing and santitizing my hands aswell as staying two metres apart from others, where possible. I choose not to wear a mask due to sensory issues with my Autism.

Reactions: catgirl

catgirl

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2020
United States
envyforums.net
I try to wear a mask whenever possible although it's new and I rarely go out so I sometimes forget. They're not required by law here yet but many grocery stores are requiring you wear one. The N95 & KN95 masks are both pretty good, although I hear the KN95 masks are not as effective, although it's still more than a regular medical mask so anything helps. And social distancing is more powerful than masks although harder to do and many essential workers can't.

Sadly, I've seen a lot of hate against people who don't wear masks on social media sites. Over stimulation with masks is something that gets often overlooked by people who don't understand autism. Spreading awareness and inclusivity is key to changing this.

Lord Saru

May 30, 2020
I would actually like to point out a study that got published in Annal Of Internal Medicine.

They subjected three types of masks - N95, three layered face masks and surgical masks - to exposure testing. Surprisingly, N95, as expected filtered out most of the virus, followed by three layered masks and towards the fag end was surgical masks.

Despite all this, none of the masks permitted the virus to penetrate the layers of the mask completely.

The bottom line, use N95 or three layered cloth mask, not the surgical mask.

Ash

May 31, 2020
None at the moment as we've mostly just been going for walks and visiting the supermarkets once in a while. But the lockdown over here in the UK is slowly coming to an end so I've just bought myself a re-usable mask and will be using that from now on.