Video Game Purchases

Alexander

May 29, 2020
Are there any factors that influence your decision, when your buying a video game? Or do you chance and purchase the title outright? Do you read customer reviews? Some companies may offer a demo version that could restrict your time playing and access to certain features in the game. Is this a deal you have taken advantage of in the past?

Ash

May 31, 2020
It all depends on the game, the developer and the gameplay videos. I try to avoid pre-ordering games that I don't know about. But if it's GTA or even COD, I tend to get them at launch because I know that I like them. I would love if every game had a demo, to be honest.

catgirl

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
May 28, 2020
United States
envyforums.net
Generally being from a series I like (for example Pokemon or Zelda) alone can be enough for me to purchase. I generally avoid demos as if I'm going to like the game I'll generally go ahead and buy it. Games I'm not as sure about (for example JRPGS) I'll generally wait for it to go on sale. With most AAA games being $60 at launch it's generally harder for me to justify buying more than one in a month.

Ash

May 31, 2020
That's the benefit of only liking mainly mainstream games. Only have to spend a bit every year for games. I don't think I have enough time or money to be buying games every month.